[projectaon] Re: Updated 01fftd.pdf and uploaded first version of 02fotw.pdf

  • From: Ingo Kloecker <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 18:25:07 +0200

On Sunday 25 July 2010, Simon Osborne wrote:
> On 21/07/2010 22:18, Ingo Kloecker wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have created a first PDF of 02fotw:
> >    http://www.projectaon.org/staff/ingo/02fotw.pdf
> >
> > Note: This book contains two images spanning two pages. I have
> > rotated those images and put them on one page.
> >
> > After having a quick look at this PDF I noticed two issues (which
> > are also present in the PDF of 01fftd):
> > - The entry Random Number Table in the toc linked to the wrong
> > section. - References to the Random Number Table in the text
> > linked to the action chart.
>
> This looks very good indeed. The only thing I'm not sure about is the
> two-page illustrations. I wonder whether it's possible to rotate
> these pages to landscape for on-screen viewing, and therefore have
> the caption running parallel to the image rather than being at 90
> degrees to it.

Yeah, makes sense. I'll have a look at this.

> Just a suggestion, and aside from that, it looks superb. We should
> probably resolve the outstanding errata issues with Book 2 before we
> release the pdf, though. There aren't many of them, and it will
> prevent having to revisit the pdf for minor edits later on.

This also makes sense.

BTW, I'm already mostly done with 03tkot. Now that the infrastructure is
in place it's just a matter of a few hours to get another PDF ready. At
least, if the book does not require any special treatment that is not
yet covered.

Regards,
Ingo