[projectaon] Re: Unusual Treat - original manuscripts

  • From: "David Davis" <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:00:23 -0000

lookin' good! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.feline1.co.uk
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Iain Smith
  To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: 02 November 2007 12:55
  Subject: [projectaon] Re: Unusual Treat - original manuscripts

  Okay, I decided to be a geek and get the promised grab anyway.  My v6.1
program disk was corrupted (go figure), but I found an old copy of ProText 4.3.
 The resulting image is below, if someone wants to grab it and stick it on the
site somewhere, feel free.  Later versions of ProText improved the display, so
this may not be an accurate rendition. I'm not even sure if Joe used the Amiga
version for his work, but it certainly shows the limitations of many of the
word processors of the late 80s.

  http://www.wibbleboy.plus.com/Misc/ProText.png

  Note the hand-crafted paragraph header indicating the left and right margin,
along with the position of the section number.  Italic and bold is displayed
correctly, but the section number is bounded by 'd' which would indicate double
height when printed.

  Regards,

  Iain.