[projectaon] Re: Unusual Treat - original manuscripts

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 11:12:14 +0000

Jonathan Blake wrote:
I just committed something special to SVN. Joe sent me six 3.5" floppy
disks with the original files for Lone Wolf 21-23 that he rescued from
his attic. I was able to read all but one of the disks and have made
the files available:

How strange and unexpected! Joe seems to be the sort who enjoys being extremely busy; every hour of his life gets scheduled!

Luckily for us, they're mostly readable as plain ASCII text.

Some of the files provide interesting insights into how the books were created:

http://projectaon.org/data/en/protext/lw/21votm/DAYSHED.NTS
http://projectaon.org/data/en/protext/lw/21votm/MEGASHED

Why was he writing a letter to Manga fan club? (Anyone else notice that he never schedules time to eat . . . ?)

http://projectaon.org/data/en/protext/lw/22tbos/LW22ILLO

Of course this also means that the transcription for 22 is completed.
Just need to adjust the assignment list with links.

Will the numbered sections text for Books 22 and 23 require hand-editing to remove the Protext guff, or can that be automated? I could have a look at getting sections 200-350 for 23:MH available for proofreading if that would help.

You know, I had set a personal target earlier this year of getting all the NO books available for proofreading by December. I'd assumed it was now too late in the year and would be impossible, but this has really moved things on. Thanks, Joe Dever! :-)

Project Aon (Belatedly)