[projectaon] Re: The Skull of Agarash

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 16:00:55 +0000

On 28-Oct-15 5:40 PM, Jonathan Blake wrote:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 at 09:38 Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

On 28-Oct-15 3:51 PM, Jonathan Blake wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 at 09:48 Simon Osborne
<outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> <mailto:outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>>
wrote:

On those lines I wonder, does anyone know if/how you can embed a font
into an SVG file, so that the text will look identical on other
computers without the font installed? Being able to do that would make
the SVG maps much more straightforward.

The only think I know of is to convert the text to paths.

(Also @ Ingo)

Yeah, I've done that to produce system-agnostic versions; I just wondered if I could save the (dodgy, incomplete and therefore quite unusable) fonts inside the file for ease of distribution similar to how PDF does. Keeping multiple versions (editable text version and converted-to-paths version) for each map is a bit of a pain. Meh. Not the end of the world.

* Rescan of interior illustrations for books 1-8

I did this earlier this year at 300dpi to produce high quality
vector-based PDF illustration booklets for each of the books. I can
upload the uncropped raster PNG versions somewhere on the site if
you'd like.

Please do. :)

Done! Took a little while as I found a more convenient way to crop them and I also had to perform a little more clean-up to some.

<http://projectaon.org/staff/simon/Re-scans_%281-8%29.zip>