[projectaon] Re: The Skull of Agarash

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 17:40:35 +0000

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 at 09:38 Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 28-Oct-15 3:51 PM, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 at 09:48 Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

On those lines I wonder, does anyone know if/how you can embed a font
into an SVG file, so that the text will look identical on other
computers without the font installed? Being able to do that would make
the SVG maps much more straightforward.

The only think I know of is to convert the text to paths.

At the moment, I'm getting familiar with the basics of responsive web
design in preparation for redesigning the website and the books.

I've also listed a few of the projects that have been on hold (in no
particular order). Feel free to add to it:

http://www.projectaon.org/en/Sanctum/SomedayMaybe

I'd like to at least give the option of SVG images (both b+w and colour
maps) in the online editions. As for:

We'll have to give it some thought of the best way to accomplish this
without having a bazillion different editions to choose from.

* Rescan of interior illustrations for books 1-8

I did this earlier this year at 300dpi to produce high quality
vector-based PDF illustration booklets for each of the books. I can
upload the uncropped raster PNG versions somewhere on the site if you'd
like.

Please do. :)