[projectaon] Re: Question about the Beaver releases.

  • From: Andrew Thornton <secretelf77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 12:40:50 +1000

Hmmm. Not sure if this is quite what you want. Not a collector but I found this on my shelf:

Combat heroes 2, Scarlett Sorcerer by Joe Dever: it was a 2 player or 1 player gamebook with pictures in it. It wasn't a lonewolf book. It was a beaver book [1986] with a stripe across the bottom. It was OK. Text seemed a touch rushed. But it is interesting. Your mission is to find the Deathlord's power crystal. You are a kind of magical spaceship pilot and the combat system gives you dogfights with other ships. I don't know if this was a one-off kind of book by Dever.

Andrew

On 14/09/2013 12:22 PM, O'Toole, Laurence (2000) wrote:
Hi all,

Does anybody have a copy of any of the books that were released by Beaver back
in the late 1980s?
They are identifiable by the coloured stripes on the front cover. There is a
black stripe at the top, with a red stripe immediately below, and another red
stripe at the bottom. All contain text of some form, but it varies. For example:
http://www.gamebooks.org/gallery/lonewolf01bb.jpg
or
http://www.gamebooks.org/gallery/lonewolf02bb.jpg

If you have any of these (even if it's just one) then PM me please. You could
really help with something that I am working on.

Thank you.

Cerulean