[projectaon] Re: Magic Spear (FotW)

  • From: Benjamin I Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 19:12:27 -0500 (EST)

All I can think of are the helghast combats in 03tcok and 08tjoh where theoretically you could have lost the Sommerswerd for whatever reason but still have the Magic Spear.

Ben

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013, Chris Neilson wrote:

The Magic Spear was never originally stated to be a weapon-like Special Item - this was added by Project Aon (refer to the errata).

Based on this change then this would imply you can use it as a weapon-like Special Item (which is what I suspect you are asking) in later books up to the Grandmaster series (at which point it is not listed as a Special Item that is allowed to be carried over from previous books). You would not be able to use it as a regular run-of-the-mill Weapon (as its quite clearly stated to be a Special Item).

In terms of impact on gameplay, the Magic Spear provides no special combat bonus so the only issue with this I can see would be if you came across another Helghast (or similar enemy) that could be damaged by it in books 3-12.

Personally, I cannot see a problem with this unless someone can raise a situation in which you should be able to fight/avoid a insta-death due to having access to the Magic Spear.

On 21/02/13 05:41, Christian Jauvin wrote:
Hi all,

 From FotW's Section 106 and beyond:

http://www.projectaon.org/en/xhtml/lw/02fotw/sect106.htm

can you use the Magic Spear as a regular weapon afterward (if you keep
it), against regular enemies (even though it is a Special Item)?

Thanks,

Christian