[projectaon] Re: Magic Spear (FotW)

  • From: Chris Neilson <crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 08:12:35 +1300

The Magic Spear was never originally stated to be a weapon-like Special Item - this was added by Project Aon (refer to the errata).

Based on this change then this would imply you can use it as a weapon-like Special Item (which is what I suspect you are asking) in later books up to the Grandmaster series (at which point it is not listed as a Special Item that is allowed to be carried over from previous books). You would not be able to use it as a regular run-of-the-mill Weapon (as its quite clearly stated to be a Special Item).

In terms of impact on gameplay, the Magic Spear provides no special combat bonus so the only issue with this I can see would be if you came across another Helghast (or similar enemy) that could be damaged by it in books 3-12.

Personally, I cannot see a problem with this unless someone can raise a situation in which you should be able to fight/avoid a insta-death due to having access to the Magic Spear.

On 21/02/13 05:41, Christian Jauvin wrote:
Hi all,

 From FotW's Section 106 and beyond:

http://www.projectaon.org/en/xhtml/lw/02fotw/sect106.htm

can you use the Magic Spear as a regular weapon afterward (if you keep
it), against regular enemies (even though it is a Special Item)?

Thanks,

Christian