[projectaon] Re: Last of the 20tcon errata

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 13:42:40 +0000

Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(er)    260:    quiver -> Quiver(s) [It is possible to carry multiple
Quivers cf. Book 8 Section 168]
fixed already?
No; it has been fixed to "Quiver", but should it be further altered to
"Quiver(s)"?

Ah! I don't know if I like the idea of correcting this every time a
Quiver is mentioned. A footnote in the rules (or even just a mention
in the Rules Handbook) should be enough. Agreed?

There's no need to change all occurrences of Quiver -> Quivers; it's the phrasing of the whole sentence that made me think it might be worth doing:

"The number of Arrows you can take is limited by the space currently available in
your Quiver."

That said, a footnote is probably a better all round solution, so let's reject this but definitely implement the footnote in this section.

(er) 105: eerie green light -> eerie, green light

agreed
Fixed!

(er) 200: psychic disciplines -> psychic abilities [so: To avoid a
capitalised "Disciplines" which seems somewhat out of place]

agreed
Fixed!

(er) 251: eerie yellow luminescence -> eerie, yellow luminescence

agreed
Fixed!

What's (known and) left to look at (a plea for help!):

(ft) 260: [It is possible to carry multiple Quivers cf. Book 8 Section 168]
[Wording?]

See above.

Footnoted as: "It is possible that you may be carrying more than one Quiver (cf. Section 168 of The Jungle of Horrors. Remember that each Quiver can hold a maximum of six Arrows."

(ft) 330: [James Chown: When deleting items in the last three spaces of the
backpack, what happens if nothing is there? According to the wording, if
nothing is there - nothing gets erased. But was the meaning obscured with
the last three backpack items removed?] [Answer? Wording?]

I know we've footnoted something like this before. Does anyone happen
to remember where?

The closest we've come is this, when you are told that two Backpack Items are crushed and must be discarded:

03tcok 16: You may choose which Backpack Items to discard, as it is not specified. If you have fewer than two items in your Backpack, then you get away with losing one or zero items.