[projectaon] Re: Highway Holocaust on website

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:47:15 -0700

On 7/25/06, Thomas Wolmer <angantyr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2006/7/25, Jonathan Blake <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On 7/25/06, Jeff Dougan <jffdougan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Is there a downloadable version for the EC yet? :)
>
> How important is it to everyone to be able to download the EC and use
> it offline?
>
> I ask because it has become yet one more chore that slows us down to
> maintain the downloadability of EC. I chose to avoid using the EC for
> Deathlord simply because I couldn't spare the time for EC maintenance.
> As easy as it is, sometimes it's not easy enough.

I like to be able to use the EC locally. I also like to build the XHTML
versions of the books myself. :-) (The XML files I want to have access to
locally anyway.)

What is the heavy part of the EC maintenance that you refer to? Keeping the
issues list up to date is more or less unworkable, but otherwise
I don't think there's any big problems...?

Perhaps you're right. I'm mentally transferring the pain of the onerous task of maintaining the EC issues lists to that of maintaining the packs. :)

Editor's packs created for Highway Holocaust. Download updated EC for links.