[projectaon] Re: Errors: Ten of the Jungle

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:45:55 +0100

Jonathan Blake wrote:
Added the following paragraph to the existing footnote: One potential
solution to make this section more possible for newer players, or those with
lower scores, would be to interpret the first option as: 'If you beat the
first Vordak in four rounds or less, turn to 79.' In this case, the player
would still need to survive five full rounds of combat, but as long as the
first Vordak is defeated within four rounds, the second Vordak will not be
able to damage the ship's pressure tank.

Can we avoid the minor spoiler here about what the second Vordak is doing? :)

That sounds like a good idea! OK, I changed it to: "...the second Vordak will not be able to complete its task." which seems reasonably obtuse.

(ft)    60:     If you possess the Sommerswerd
[jfs:  Turn to this number if you possess a magical weapon such as the
Magic
Spear, the Dagger of Vashna, or the Jewelled Mace. But do not apply the
bonuses related to the Sommerswerd detailed in that section. Note:  For
consistency with "The Captives of Kaag", in which, you can combat a
Helghast
with the Jewelled Mace or the Dagger of Vashna (section 12 -> 330).]
Sounds good. Have we decided if there were any other magical weapons.
Bronin Warhammer? ;)
Gah! I knew there was another one! Reworded the footnote(s) slightly to take
the Bronin Warhammer into consideration.

Actually, I'm not sure the Bronin Warhammer is a magical weapon. The
evidence isn't clear. If this is a definitive list, we should remove
the "such as". If it isn't, we should leave those words in.

The "...such as..." is gone. I'd already reworded it to reflect an exhaustive
list:

"You should also turn to this number if you possess the Dagger of Vashna, the Jewelled Mace, the Bronin Warhammer, or the Magic Spear. (See The Captives of Kaag Section 12.)"

And also:

"You should not double any ENDURANCE point losses inflicted upon the Helghast if you are wielding the Dagger of Vashna, the Jewelled Mace, the Bronin Warhammer, or the Magic Spear."

The Bronin Warhammer seems magical enough to take out a Helghast to me. It could also make the book slightly more do-able for those who might want the challenge of leaving the Sommerswerd behind.

(er)    89, 280, 299:   a-piece -> apiece
-> "The fare's 40 Lune a-piece..."
-> "One item a-piece and you can continue on your way..."
-> "The fare's 40 Lune a-piece..."
"apiece"

Just making sure that you noticed this one since you didn't comment.

I linked it in with the following comment of "Fixed!" ;-)

Jon Blake also wrote in another post:
I posted some issues from Book 8 earlier. Should we actually be focusing on
> Book 19, or are we still required to revised the earlier books with the
> Mongoose editions in view first?

Correct me if I have the wrong impression here, but 8 seems to be
pretty close to a re-release. If so, let's focus our efforts there.

Now that the remaining issue (resp. south quarter -> South Quarter) has been rejected, Book 8 has had all known issues fixed. I have uploaded it to the /test/ area, along with the latest updates of Books 1-7, all of which have had minor alterations since they were last uploaded there in September.

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/08tjoh/title.htm>

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/01fftd/title.htm>
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/02fotw/title.htm>
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/03tcok/title.htm>
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/04tcod/title.htm>
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/05sots/title.htm>
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/06tkot/title.htm>
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/07cd/title.htm>

There is another global list of 29 issues I have compiled, but I think you'll like this one: it is all the remaining on to vs. onto issues that remain for all the books. I've fixed as many as I am sure about, and these 29 represent all that remain. I will probably post that next, since that will help reduce the number of outstanding issues for Books 9-12. After that, Books 9-11 look fairly straightforward. Book 12 is going to be trickier.

Jon, could you comment on correcting usage of Drakkar/Drakkarim (and therefore Nadziran/Nadziranim), please? The word(s) appear in Books 1, 2, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, Dawn of the Dragons, and The Magnamund Companion.

I know we have corrected one or two instances which were deemed incorrect, but I really, REALLY don't want to list each and every instance that appears in the books to help resolve reported issues in Books 12, 15, and 17, and which could have implications for the other books listed above.

For example, which is correct: a Drakkar patrol or a Drakkarim patrol?

This isn't a problem that requires an immediate answer--we have Books 9-11, GS1-4, and FW1-4 that we could focus on first--but it would be nice to get an idea since it will have a bearing on the readiness for release of Books 1, 2, 5, 7, and 8.

TIA and sorry for continuing to add work to you. :-/