RE: web accessibility checking was best browser? was Silverlight accessibility

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 08:31:40 -0400

I could send you an excel workbook with the I.B.M. accessibility
guidelines in it in a check list format.  They a few years ago were a
little better than Section 508 was and I used them to do an
accessibility web mapping survey for all publicly accessible web sites
within navy marine corps space.  You check off all items you find and
the workbook generates a score for that web page.  One url to a workbook
page and as pages are needed for more urls you add those.  It would be
possible to generate all kinds of summary reports from that but
management took it and used it without me being asked to do the formulas
for summary reports.