re: mac numbers and voiceover

  • From: Roopakshi Pathania <r_akshi_tgk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 08:41:31 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I suppose having Emacs on a Mac is useful, though I wonder if you are
using Emacspeak ported to Mac with that.
Org-mode looks useful.
Numbers will some day be as good as Excel, not that Excel is good, it is only
the investment made by screen reader vendors that make Excel extremely usable.

Twitter: @AccessAthena
Sent from my Lenovo ThinkPad

--- On Tue, 4/12/11, DaShiell, Jude T.  CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26

From: DaShiell, Jude T.  CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26 <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: re: mac numbers and voiceover
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 11:24 PM

There is a podcast on podbean.com showing how to use numbers with
voiceover and how to get productivity out of it.  I haven't tried it
yet, but think I can get sc to build on my mac mini.  The sc program is
a spreadsheet program installed on slackware and available for other
flavors of Linux.  Maybe better might be to install R or octave on the
mac.  The aqua emacs edition for the mac is a slashed and burned version
of emacs.  So far as I can tell, no gnus, no org-mode, and probably
missing lots of other things as well.  The org-mode application for
emacs I like both for mind mapping and keeping a numerology journal and
I'll probably find other things to do with that as I play with it.  I
use org-mode on slackware 13.0 since it came pre-installed on emacs.  If
it works though I'll be able to install the current version of org-mode
on emacs on my mac though.  Have to get dependencies and try it maybe
this weekend.  Anyone wanting to read about org-mode can do so at
http://www.orgmode.org but be warned it's a swiss army knife of
utilities and the version number is over 7.0, so you may read a little
more than a few minutes on that site.