re: mac numbers and voiceover

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:54:04 -0400

There is a podcast on podbean.com showing how to use numbers with
voiceover and how to get productivity out of it.  I haven't tried it
yet, but think I can get sc to build on my mac mini.  The sc program is
a spreadsheet program installed on slackware and available for other
flavors of Linux.  Maybe better might be to install R or octave on the
mac.  The aqua emacs edition for the mac is a slashed and burned version
of emacs.  So far as I can tell, no gnus, no org-mode, and probably
missing lots of other things as well.  The org-mode application for
emacs I like both for mind mapping and keeping a numerology journal and
I'll probably find other things to do with that as I play with it.  I
use org-mode on slackware 13.0 since it came pre-installed on emacs.  If
it works though I'll be able to install the current version of org-mode
on emacs on my mac though.  Have to get dependencies and try it maybe
this weekend.  Anyone wanting to read about org-mode can do so at
http://www.orgmode.org but be warned it's a swiss army knife of
utilities and the version number is over 7.0, so you may read a little
more than a few minutes on that site.