RE: mac numbers and voiceover

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:24:18 -0400

There is an org-mode app for the iPhone that can import calendars into
the iphone now available too.

        From: DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26
<jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
        To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 11:24 PM

        There is a podcast on podbean.com showing how to use numbers
with
        voiceover and how to get productivity out of it.  I haven't
tried it
        yet, but think I can get sc to build on my mac mini.  The sc
program is
        a spreadsheet program installed on slackware and available for
other
        flavors of Linux.  Maybe better might be to install R or octave
on the
        mac.  The aqua emacs edition for the mac is a slashed and burned
version
        of emacs.  So far as I can tell, no gnus, no org-mode, and
probably
        missing lots of other things as well.  The org-mode application
for
        emacs I like both for mind mapping and keeping a numerology
journal and
        I'll probably find other things to do with that as I play with
it.  I
        use org-mode on slackware 13.0 since it came pre-installed on
emacs.  If
        it works though I'll be able to install the current version of
org-mode
        on emacs on my mac though.  Have to get dependencies and try it
maybe
        this weekend.  Anyone wanting to read about org-mode can do so
at
        http://www.orgmode.org but be warned it's a swiss army knife of
        utilities and the version number is over 7.0, so you may read a
little
        more than a few minutes on that site.