Re: installation questions

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:47:40 -0400

AN .iso is just a type of compressed file archive. Extract it with something like WinRAR exactly as you would a .zip, .rar, or other archive. Then run setup.exe from the unpacked directory.

On 4/1/2009 9:45 PM, tribble wrote:
how do you extract from an ISO? Is that what UltraISO is supposed to do?
Setup.exe is only one of the files in the ISO -- there is an inf file that
supposedly runs when the disk is inserted into the drive.  I haven't fired
up UltraISO since I bought it more than a month ago -- I did what I needed
to do (or so I thought) and then let it sit.

Ok I remember -- I wanted to burn the dvd so I could install the software on
other laptops.  Wouldn't you know the buggy drive is on my main machine.
Thanks Ty -- I confess I'm a little impatient with windows apps. Compared to
the unix/linux stuff I was used to as a student, windows is one big straight
Take care.