Re: home business-getting started

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 22:24:14 -0700

most of that is controlled by the area your in, you would have to look at the business licensing in your local area, the big bitch is SSI, which I believe your getting, SSA (standard social security) is very lenient and willing to work with you on such things, but SSI is unforgiving as a Texas ranger looking at a murderer

if you need it I'll double check my facts and see if things are as tough as they were, but I have a feeling that this is the big stumbling block you will have to deal with.

and remember with the SSI goes any medical insurance that you receive from the state, and so on

look into it if you think you can make more than your getting now, but remember to include the cost of replacing all that will be lost, paying taxes on what you do make, insurance to cover your backside if someone Sue's you for data loss, and if you can, try to incorporate with a class, I think its C corporation that protects you from a lot of junk, speaking of Texas, you can get a Corporation set up there, even if you don't live there.

it can be done, I know a few people that have done it, but its not easy

the real owner of:
www.gamesfortheblind.com
was making from 3 to 7 thousand a month until he messed things up and quit producing new games, and fluffed off his alpha test team/game co designers and lost most of it. as far as I know, what is up there now is what the team assisted him in developing with nothing really new.

good luck,
inthane
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Agemtree
"merchants in fine facetted and cabochon gemstones"
www.agemtree.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tyler Littlefield" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>