Re: getting bookmarks from windows

  • From: "Bryan Schulz" <b.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 18:30:01 -0600

hi,

Have you digged into your c-drive folders?
aren't your bookmarks saved in a folder called favorites inside docs and sets, your name, favorites?
Bryan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Dalton" <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "blind programming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Linux for blind general Discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; "vipl list" <vip-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2007 6:09 PM
Subject: getting bookmarks from windows

Hi,

I have a lot of pages bookmarked in firefox and ms IE on my windows box.
Since I use linux now I was wondering if someone could tell me how to either: 1. Get a list of the bookmarks and the urls and send them to my self so I have them here on my linux machine.
or
2. Import the bookmarks into lynx.

Is this possible? How would you normally back up your ie bookmarks?

Thanks for any help,

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/