RE: click event in .net

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 01:02:28 -0800

I am not sure you can change the style in c# or vb but what I have done in
the past is used the mouse down event and in that event is passed a clicks
value so you can test for example if the left button has been pressed how
many times. with the following code in the mouse down event
private void button1_MouseDown(object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
        {
if ((e.Button==MouseButtons.Left) && (e.Clicks==2))
{
}
}
I know that is not the DoubleClick event but I think the problem is when
.net inherits the cbase control into the button it does not inherit the
double click for buttons I don't know why that is but that means its not
available for you.  I might be wrong but the previous code in a mouse down
event works fine.  The previous code also will allow you to catch both
single and double click and do what ever you like.

Ken