black berry accessibility

  • From: Gabe Vega <theblindtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: main-menu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:17:01 -0700

hi:

I have two questions.

so the blind community in whole can all agree that the black berries as of yet have no solution to them for blind users. my question is, since theblack berry os andits applications are all or mainly java based then why hasn't the available java resources been used to hack a blind solution together?

I know there is a very small fot print java bases speech synth andwell rim offers all their sdk's for free so then, I am curious why the nfb etc are asking for accessibility changes etc, what is stopping the blind from making it happen now.?