Windows 7 64 bit and Java Access Bridge

  • From: Bbt Bbt <bbt.sunbear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 08:59:06 +1300

Hi List,
The instructions on the Oracle website don't seem complete to make Java
Access Bridge run on Windows 7 64bit. Here's how I got Java Access Bridge to
work. I hope this may help someone, as Ispent 2 days figuring this out.

If you want to use NVDA and Open Office on Windows 7, these are the missing
steps in the instructions :

step 1 I tried to unzip the jaccess file in the manual zip file but got an
error message. jaccess.jar file was therefore missing from the manual
install.zip file for me. You have to get jaccess.jar by copying it from a
Windows XP machine, which is what I did or download it from someone who has
it.

step 2 the instructions don't tell you that you need to put a system
variable called ORACLE_OEM_CLASSPATH in with the paths to jaccess.jar and
access-bridge.jar.In Windows 7 case that will be C:\Program Files
(x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_22\jre\lib\ext\jaccess.jar and C:\Program Files
(x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_22\jre\lib\ext\access-bridge.jar
The other steps are at at
www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/documentation/setup-139055.html

navigate to the 64 bit windows manual install instructions on the page.

regards,

Britta