RE: WMI

  • From: Johannes Grib <johannesg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:04:05 +0200

Hello Alex,
"NumberOfLogicalProcessors" might be the property you're looking for?

Under XP I get the following when "print p"

instance of Win32_Processor
{
        AddressWidth = 32;
        Architecture = 0;
        Availability = 3;
        Caption = "x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6";
        CpuStatus = 1;
        CreationClassName = "Win32_Processor";
        CurrentClockSpeed = 2131;
        CurrentVoltage = 16;
        DataWidth = 32;
        Description = "x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6";
        DeviceID = "CPU0";
        ExtClock = 266;
        Family = 2;
        L2CacheSize = 2048;
        Level = 6;
        LoadPercentage = 0;
        Manufacturer = "GenuineIntel";
        MaxClockSpeed = 2131;
        Name = "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz";
        NumberOfCores = 1;
        NumberOfLogicalProcessors = 2;
        PowerManagementSupported = FALSE;
        ProcessorId = "BFEBFBFF000006F6";
        ProcessorType = 3;
        Revision = 3846;
        Role = "CPU";
        SocketDesignation = "";
        Status = "OK";
        StatusInfo = 3;
        Stepping = "6";
        SystemCreationClassName = "Win32_ComputerSystem";
        SystemName = "JOHANNESSP2";
        UpgradeMethod = 1;
        Version = "Model 15, Stepping 6";
};