WMI

  • From: "Alex Hall" <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:47:54 -0500

Hi all,
I am playing around with WMI, trying to get the load of both cores of my dual core AMD processor. However, I am only getting one number, not two as I would expect. I thought I would get two numbers returned (I itterate through all the processors, at least I think I do). It is the same for all the other properties I have tried (clock speed, socket, more), just one piece of information, not one per core. Is there a way to get info about each core, or is this processor-specific? Windows 7 64 bit. Python code is below.

import os, sys, wmi, win32com.client
speaker=win32com.client.Dispatch("Say.Tools");
c=wmi.WMI();
for p in c.win32_Processor():
speaker.say(p.LoadPercentage);
# end for