Re: Vinux 3.0 released!

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 07:35:10 -0400

For detox, I highly recommend McLean Hospital in Belmont, Massachusetts. You get a really high class collection of drunks and drug addicts, excellent food, very comfortable accommodations and, if you're lucky, you might get Sylvia Plath's famous room there and the bragging rights that go along with it <laugh>.

Because of Sylvia's "Bell Jar" and "Girl Interupted" it gets a lot of publicity but, as such facilities go, it's probably the best in the world.

(I do realize that you were kidding so the above is intended to be a humorous addition to your note.)

cdh

On 05/31/2010 09:34 PM, Bill Cox wrote:
Yeah! Awesome!  High fives everyone!   Bill then gets massively drunk
and dragged away to rehab for a month.

BIll

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Sina Bahram<sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Please see the below announcement

***

On behalf of the whole Vinux community I am happy to announce the 3rd release
of Vinux - Linux for the Visually Impaired, based on
Ubuntu 10.04 - Lucid Lynx. This version of Vinux provides three screen-
readers, two full-screen magnifiers, dynamic
font-size/colour-theme changing as well as support for USB Braille displays.
Vinux is now available both as an installable live CD
and as a .deb package which will automatically convert an existing installation
of Ubuntu Lucid into an accessible Vinux system! In
addition, we now have our own Vinux package repository (from which you can
install our customised packages with apt-get/synaptic)
and a dedicated Vinux IRC channel. In the very near future we will also be
launching a Vinux Wiki and releasing special DVD, USB and
Virtual Editions of Vinux 3.0! To download Vinux 3.0 or to get more information
on the project please visit the Vinux Project
Homepage at http://vinux.org.uk or use these direct links:

Download:
http://sina.fi.ncsu.edu/Vinux-3.0.iso (685MB, MD5:
7cc8ac0ed5eaef45dbf215279da3660f)