RE: USE MS ACCESS 2007 INSTEAD OF MySQL DATABASE?

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 08:09:47 -0500

I know Jaws supports it and yes its OK but like the other list member said
its really up to what you want to do.  If you want to make an application
purely for Windows Ms Access 2007 is a great tool.  Most likely you wont'
end up using access though you will end up coding something in vb or .net
and use the ms access data base underneath the hood.  I like how fast you
can develop tables in access but I find doing things in sql in My sql more
my style.  It really depends on what kind of software your developing
though.  You should not develop a multi user database with MS access that is
not what its made for.  If your making a single user program though then
sure go ahead.

Ken

  _____