Re: Seeking perspectives on a computer purchasing predicament

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 15:59:23 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the helpful responses and good discussion.  I'd like to better
understand some of the technical aspects.  Can anyone explain why there is
no compatibility problem running 32-bit Windows on a 64-bit computer?
Even though I would not be able to use more than 3.5 gigs of ram, are
there any other benefits I would get from the 64-bit processor, or would
it be as if there was only a 32-bit one?  Regarding Office 2007, does it
load different components depending on the processor, or can the same code
run on either if written in a certain way?