Re: Questions Regarding Getting Started in Programming

  • From: "Jim" <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:34:23 -0500

Hi Kelly,
I first want to say that if this is the same Kelly I am thinking of, I very much appreciate the SoundForge tutorial you made. It helped me move a project forward at work.

We had a thread about this topic just this week on the list. It seemed to me as I think back on it that several people recommended learning a programming language like C#, Ruby, PHP, Perl, or Python. We also have some VB programmers out here. We also have a division of opinions on which language is best to start with. We also have a division of opinions on whether or not to use a programming environment or a text editor. My advice is to do what you want after listening to people argue about it for a while. Mixed in with that noise will be some good advice. We have a lot of great people out here on this list with strong opinions.

Thanks.

Less time in line at the checkout counter, more time with your loved ones.
http://snipurl.com/shopandprofit

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelly Sapergia" <ksapergia@xxxxxxxxxxx>