Re: Online course question?

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 15:08:44 -0500

Hello Char --
I would say you will have a better understanding of computer science if you
get the degree and study comparative languages and algorithms. It's not the
proficiency in multiple languages so much that is the main benefit; it is
the ability to understand different types of problem solutions and then pick
up the details of whatever language you need to best solve that problem.
This makes your skill more marketable.
So if you have the time and funds for the degree, I say go for it.
Good luck and happy hacking!
--le