Re: Online course question?

  • From: "Gilbert Neiva" <gneiva@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 12:19:10 -0600

I can't answer your first question because I haven't attempted to get a certificate. I personally am taking a degree in computer programming. As four the last two questions, I am taking courses with the University of Athabasca which is an online University. It is an open University which means, no entrance exams. I like this aproach because I can still work and do my courses at the same time. In my experience, scanning books doesn't work. Luckily, the department for students with disabilities which is located at the university takes care of any materials I need. They scan the materials, and someone edits them and takes care of any scanning mistakes. I did hear about a scanner that is the size of a camera called pearl that is suppose to be more accurate, but I think it's used for scanning letters and envelopes and stuff. Well, I hope this helps.

Gilbert Neiva

----- Original Message ----- From: "Char" <charvor@xxxxxxxxx>