Re: Online Games

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 16:01:47 -0500

OGame, being primarily text-based and all in the web browser, was pretty fun for a while. I guess I always like the games more when they aren't developped specifically for and the user base isn't drastically dominated by the blind community. Talk about zapping your life away though, I lost a few letter grades 'cause of OGame.

Jared

On 3/7/2010 3:16 PM, The Elf wrote:
hi rick,
here are the two best online RPG games I know of:
Sryth The Age of Igtheon (TM) - Fantasy
http://www.sryth.com/?ur=morgan";>Sryth <http://www.sryth.com/?ur=morgan%22%3ESryth>
and for sci-fi/space adventuring:
hmmm, the home page for the servers is not as accessible as it used to be, but the game may well be, you'll have to try it and see, but it used to be one of the more accessible games on the net, and you can go solo, join into an alliance with other players, trade pirate, build an empire, get blasted to bits, claim and build planets, build and expand one or two ships, etc.
       Alien Assault Traders:
http://www.aatraders.com/
and as noted, whitestick.co.uk may have other newer ones on his site.
laters,
elf
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com <http://www.alacorncomputer.com>