NVDA

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:34:28 -0500

Hi all -- Hey, I just tried NVDA for the first time this year and am
impressed -- it's really come a long way.
I like the navigation options and features compared to jaws or WE.
The only thing I can't stand is the synth. I can't distinguish many of the
hard consonant sounds -- like t versus d or p etc.
I have to go out of the way to read the ascii value.
But other than that it is quite nice -- especially for the price *smile*
Anyone else have comments? Is there a mailing list for NVDA users or
developers? I know, I'll check the webpage.
Happy listening all.
--le