Re: Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server

  • From: "Young Choi" <young.choi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 23:09:26 -0700

It depends on what you do with the SharePoint.

For users, SharePoint is very accessible. There is a link, Turn on more accessible mode, that makes the menu and other reach-edit field screen- reader friendly. Many of its features can also be accessed with mobile version that interface is much simpler.

For administrator, it's not that bad at all.

If the job requires to use SharePoint Designer, it's problematic. Many features are not accessible and will require more time to perform the designing tasks than your sighted colleagues. Let me know if you need any more information. BTW here is the SharePoint demo site that you can try. It's not MOSS 2007, however, accessibility-wise, it's the same idea.

http://www.wssdemo.com/default.aspx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robbie Miller" <MillerRobbie@xxxxxxxxxxx>