Let's Donate to NVDA

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:56:36 +0200

Hi folks,

I don't know about you guys, but me for one has been using NVDA since it
came out, or since I heard about it in 2007. It's not my primary screen
reader, but it's helped out numerous times when JAWS bailed on me, and
recently I've been using it exclusively when working in Open Office.

Well I was thinking that we pay a truck load of money for most assistive
technologies, but NVDA isn't one of those. Still they need funds to keep on
developing it, so why don't we all make a small donation of $20 and see
where it gets them?

To donate, go to: http://www.nvaccess.org/wiki/Donate

Maybe you've helped them out before, that's great, but let's do it again --
if you can afford it.

The beautiful thing is that every dollar you donate benefits not only you,
but every single NVDA user on the planet! Now that's something really
special if you ask me.

If you spend a couple of thousands on this or that assistive technology you
in effect only benefit yourself since the barrier of entry is so high, most
people can't get in. Not so with free stuff like NVDA.

You could even donate to them if you are not using NVDA yourself. I can
fully assure you that every improvement to the project will benefit many,
many other folks.

I'm appealing to you guys since you have an appreciation for the tremendous
cost of software development, and also the high quality of the NVDA screen
reader.

Oh and by the way, this appeal is totally my own initiative -- NV Access is
in no way behind it. Feel free to pass this on to other related lists or
people that might be able to help.

To donate, go to: http://www.nvaccess.org/wiki/Donate

--
Kerneels Roos
Cell/SMS: +27 (0)82 309 1998

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!