jaws and VS 2010 revisited

  • From: Varun Khosla <varun.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:50:11 +0530

Hi all,

Latest Jaws 11 version seems to be working ok with VS 2010. It's now
reading code editor properly (although recognizing the collapsed code
block as space). There's a miner yet most annoying issue I'm facing:
Jaws for unknown reasons, enters into menu mode (announcing "menu")
most of the time when I open solution explorer, intellisense and even
dialog boxes. This strange behavior causes Jaws to read things
improperly (sort of menu style). Moreover, in case of intellisense,
when I select an item (say by tabbing), intellisense gets out of the
way but Jaws doesn't get out of the menu mode and thus unable to read
the code using arrow keys until I explicitly make it so by pressing
alt key twice.
I think the same issue was there with previous versions of Jaws when
working with earlier VS versions and resolved with some tweaks in the
2005 scripts? Does anyone have an idea as to how to fix this?

Finally I've been put into a project being developed on VS 2010 and
cannot escape. With all of my initial experiences, I advice to try to
keep yourself away from it as long as you can.

P.S. I earlier put this issue into VS2008 intellisense and jaws thread
finding it closer to what is being discussed over there, but later I
felt it would be more appropriate for it to have its own thread.

Thanks,
Varun