Eclipse Discovery About Code Completion

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 07:12:56 -0400

I made a discovery just now because I was writing some JAWS code to examine
what was popping up in some Eclipse windows. This is about code completion.

As you are typing along in a Java program and you want to get a list of code
completion choices, do this.

1. type part of a class, such as System, then a period.

2. As soon as you press the period key, immediately press the Tab key. That
puts you in a list of choices.

3. Pick a choice and press Enter.

4. press the period key again, then Tab again.

5. Pick a choice.

I'm sure you get the pattern by now.

There's more to discover, such as what happens when you hit Control + Space and
Control + Shift + Space, but I haven't figured out that yet.

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility
blog<>. Discuss
Accessibility Wiki: Breaking news and accessibility