Labelling icons

  • From: "Fred Rains" <fred58@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 22:20:09 -0500

Hi,

    Just wondering if there is a way to associate text with an icon in a
windows app similar to the way you would use an alt tag for an image on a web
page?  I know you can label graphics using JAWS, but that is not what I am
asking.  I guess what I am asking is is there some kind of text property that
can be added to a graphic that JAWS can detect and speak automatically without
using JAWS itself to label the graphic?  I don't need to know how to do it, I
just want to know if it is possible.

Thanks,

Fred