Re: Java versus Python

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 19:05:23 -0600

I've used both. I really like python because it comes on most *nix systems. I also like Python because of it's flexability and versatility. Java is nice enough, but it feels big bulky and clunky to me. That and they seem to have some serious naming convention issues. Sometimes things are capitalized, sometimes they're not--.net makes more sense.

On 6/17/2011 6:49 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
There has been a lot of discussion on the list lately about Python. Why
is that?Personally i much prefer Java. Its syntx makes a lot more sense
and it is just as powerful, if not more. A command-line build system
like ant can take most of the hassle out of working with Java classes.
personally, I prefer this to Eclipse.

BrailleBlaster is written in Java. I am using openjdk-1.6, Eclipse SWT
and Apache Ant.

John

--

Take care,