  From: Storm Dragon
  To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:53 AM
  Subject: Re: Java versus Python

  Hi,
  It's really a matter of preference. I personally hate Java. Python is ok, I
like working with it better than Java, but I would be happiest if everything,
including guis, could be done in PHP.
  Thanks
  Storm
        --
Vinux Publicity Coordinator: http://www.vinuxproject.org/
Registered Linux user number 508465: http://counter.li.org/

  On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 19:49 -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
There has been a lot of discussion on the list lately about Python. Why
is that?Personally i much prefer Java. Its syntx makes a lot more sense
and it is just as powerful, if not more. A command-line build system
like ant can take most of the hassle out of working with Java classes.
personally, I prefer this to Eclipse.

BrailleBlaster is written in Java. I am using openjdk-1.6, Eclipse SWT
and Apache Ant.

John