RE: JAWS remote access

  • From: "Manish Agrawal" <manish10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 19:33:06 +0530

It works with Cisco vpn.

I have run into the word clipping problem in some cases. You may want to
check the following:

1. The remote jaws is not set up to use the virtual synth - the one that
uses the synth on your local machine to produce the audio output. You are
probably instead using the regular eloquence tts on the remote machine and
need to get the heavy remotely produced audio.

2. How do you start jaws on the remote machine? are you sure that it is the
remote jaws or is the regular jaws that starts up on the remote machine (-
again sending the heavy remote audio instead of virtual synth data)?

3. What OS are you running on the remote machine? In case of some server OS
versions or in some VMWare hosted versions, hardware graphics acceleration
is turned off by default. You may need to turn that on in the display
properties in control panel.

4. What bandwidth do you have? Can you try the remote machine from a
computer that can connect over significantly higher bandwidth and see if the
problem persists?

And finally, FS tech support should be able to help you with this.

-Manish