Re: JAB 2.0.1 on Windows 7

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:08:15 +0200

Hi Andreas,

I couldn't get the auto installer to complete successfully. It would start and progress through some dialogs, but it would end quickly with a message saying that my system was not modified. I'm new to Win 7, so maybe it's a security / permission problems. Perhaps I had an old version of the installer not yet modified for Win 7. Since the version of the JAB I've got is 2.0.1 and from what I could gather online the latest version, I didn't spend time looking for an installer for the same version I've got already. Is this the latest version indeed?

Regards,
Kerneels

On 12/14/2010 3:59 AM, Andreas Stefik wrote:
Just out of curiosity, was there a reason you didn't use the
installer? We've always had pretty good luck with it on windows 7.

Stefik

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 5:57 AM, Kerneels Roos<kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Solved by copying the 3 DLL files to all of these locations:
%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\
%SYSTEM%\System32\
%SYSTEM%\SysWOW64\

I'm pretty sure my CPU on my laptop isn't 64 bit, yet the
processor_identifier environment variable says Intel 64? Also it says I have
4 CPU's but it's just a duel core machine? What is windows up to

Cheers

On 12/11/2010 12:46 PM, Kerneels Roos wrote:
Hi List,

I've followed the instructions ever so carefully, but I can't seem to get
this working. Here's what I've done. Any advice would be much appreciated:
1. Copy the following files to %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext\
access-bridge.jar
jaccess-1_4.jar

2. Rename jaccess-1_4.jar to jaccess.jar (this is what happens on XP with
the auto installer) -- also tried keeping the original name.

3. Copy the following file to %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ (also copied it to
lib\ext\ still no luck)
access.properties

3. Copy the following files to %SYSTEM%\System32\
JavaAccessBridge.dll
JAWTAccessBridge.dll
WindowsAccessBridge.dll

When I try to run a Java program that works fine on my XP machine Iget an
error that Java says there is no access bridge...

Any ideas?
Thanks

Kerneels

--
Kerneels Roos
Cell: +27 (0)82 309 1998

"If one has the talent it pushes for utterance and torments one; it will
out; and then one is out with it without questioning. And, look you, there
is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here
(pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything
is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the
opinion of a man who knows his business."

(To a musically talented boy who asked Mozart how one might learn to
compose.)