JAB 2.0.1 on Windows 7

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 12:46:29 +0200

Hi List,

I've followed the instructions ever so carefully, but I can't seem to get this working. Here's what I've done. Any advice would be much appreciated:
1. Copy the following files to %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext\
access-bridge.jar
jaccess-1_4.jar

2. Rename jaccess-1_4.jar to jaccess.jar (this is what happens on XP with the auto installer) -- also tried keeping the original name.

3. Copy the following file to %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ (also copied it to lib\ext\ still no luck)
access.properties

3. Copy the following files to %SYSTEM%\System32\
JavaAccessBridge.dll
JAWTAccessBridge.dll
WindowsAccessBridge.dll

When I try to run a Java program that works fine on my XP machine Iget an error that Java says there is no access bridge...

Any ideas?
Thanks

Kerneels

--
Kerneels Roos
Cell: +27 (0)82 309 1998

"If one has the talent it pushes for utterance and torments one; it will out; and
then one is out with it without questioning. And, look you, there is nothing in this
thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and
his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with
it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business."

(To a musically talented boy who asked Mozart how one might learn to compose.)