  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:39:09 +0200

Long shot, but are you positive that the permissions are properly set so you
can read and execute the library? Maybe you don't need execute rights, but
you need read rights. How about first doing it all from your home dir?

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:30 PM, John J. Boyer <
john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I may switch to the Sun JDK at some point, but right now i just want to
> get the bindings to load the library, so I can proceed with testing.
> These bindings will be used with other jdk's, inncluding Eclipse. P
> rrefer to work in a command-line environment.
>
> The C part of the bindings includes jni.h Will this take care of the
> necesary entry poiints for Java?
>
> I compiled the C bindings as part of liblouisutdml in part because I
> couldn't figure out how to compile them as a library on their own with
> Gnu autotools. Should they have been compiled separately?
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 07:15:49PM +0200, QuentinC wrote:
> > Hello,
> > JNI, I may help.
> > 1 - Very important : if iou are on linux or another unix like, throw
> > OpenJDK directly to trash and install the veritable JDK from sun. Foreget
> > OpenJDK for ever. I'm sure many of your problems come from there.
> > That buggy OpenJDK has problems with audio, problems with SQL, problems
> > with files, and problems with many other java API.
> > 2 - System.loadLibrary expect a library name without extension, in order
> > be more portable. The .so suffix is automatically added, as well as the
> > .dll suffix on windows.
> > 3 - Is the library compiled ready for use by java ? it should have
> > exported functions like java_full_class_name_method_name. If not, you
> will
> > ahve to write a wrapper or use JNA.

> --
> Abilitiessoft, Inc.
> http://www.abilitiessoft.com
> Madison, Wisconsin USA

Kerneels Roos
Cell/SMS: +27 (0)82 309 1998
Skype: cornelis.roos

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!