  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 05:30:57 -0500

I may switch to the Sun JDK at some point, but right now i just want to
get the bindings to load the library, so I can proceed with testing.
These bindings will be used with other jdk's, inncluding Eclipse. P
rrefer to work in a command-line environment.

The C part of the bindings includes jni.h Will this take care of the
necesary entry poiints for Java?

I compiled the C bindings as part of liblouisutdml in part because I
couldn't figure out how to compile them as a library on their own with
Gnu autotools. Should they have been compiled separately?

Thanks,
John

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 07:15:49PM +0200, QuentinC wrote:
> Hello,
> JNI, I may help.
> 1 - Very important : if iou are on linux or another unix like, throw
> OpenJDK directly to trash and install the veritable JDK from sun. Foreget
> OpenJDK for ever. I'm sure many of your problems come from there.
> That buggy OpenJDK has problems with audio, problems with SQL, problems
> with files, and problems with many other java API.
> 2 - System.loadLibrary expect a library name without extension, in order to
> be more portable. The .so suffix is automatically added, as well as the
> .dll suffix on windows.
> 3 - Is the library compiled ready for use by java ? it should have
> exported functions like java_full_class_name_method_name. If not, you will
> ahve to write a wrapper or use JNA.

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com
Madison, Wisconsin USA