  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:53:52 -0500

I'm working with Java Native Interface JNI bindings, ans I can't get
Java to find the native library. Does anyone know of a JNI mailing list?
I subscribed to the progrram-java list, but there doesn't seem to be any
activity. The forwarded lmessage below will give you the detaiols of my
situation.

Thanks,
John

----- Forwarded message from "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
-----

Subject: Telling Java where to find a native library
From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 07:45:34 -0500
To: blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx

I have Java bindings for liblouisutdml, which is on my system in
/usr/local/lib with the name liblouisutdml.so I can't get the library
loader to find it. The distro is CentOS. The JDK is openjdk. the static
initializer contains the statement system.loadLibrary("liblouisutdml");
I get an unsatisfied link exception even if I set
-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib when calling the java interpreter and
when I set LD_LIBRAR_PATH to the same value. I even trieed louisutdml.so
ss a symbolic link in the current directory. Nothing works. What's the
secret?

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.