Re: How can a blind person use a smart card?

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:32:45 -0400

The smart cards we have at work are magnetic. you just wave it in front of the reader and it takes your number. Each card is encoded with are employee number and can be tracked throughout the building. i have to use it to get in the break room, and the main center where my computer is located.

At 02:32 PM 7/29/2009, you wrote:
Hello listers,

My employer is in the process of getting me a smart card which will
give me access to the mainframe and email from home.  However,
aparently the smart card has a visual display that must be read in
order to log in.  Have any of you encountered this?  Have you found a
solution?  Could I scan the card somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Tim
trouble