RE: Generating wav files with Sapi5 tts

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 14:09:41 -0500

Yea that is the problem, more background:
I have a file which has all the prompts for the rockbox firmware. Now I have
to take each prompt, run it through the tts, so that the tts can send me
back a wav file of the text i fed it, but obviously spoken by the tts. I
then take these wav files, convert them to mp3, and compile them into a
voice file. I know it can be done, as this is what the rockbox utility does,
but as I stated, it deletes the wav files before i can fetch them from the
windows temp folder, and gives me an error if i let it run through the
entire process... I'm trying to research to see how they've done it, i think
one could write out a VBScript to do it, i just gotta figure out what i need
to do and such.

D!J!X!

  _____