Generating wav files with Sapi5 tts

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 01:01:09 -0500

Hello guys, still on my small quest to create my own rockbox voice file
(using my own tts) on windows, the rockbox utility  doesn't seem to work for
me, i always get stopped at around 56% of the encoding process, with an
error about a file that couldn't be encoded, it changes each time.
My question is 1 of the following:
Does anybody know how I can get a tts to make a wav file of spoken speech of
a variable text? Say if I feed it a line, can the ts create a wave file of
it speaking that line? I know it's doable, just wanna know where to look and
what tools i might need. Alternatively, does anybody know of a program or
script that can assist me in this already, or is there a way to prevent the
rockbox utility from deleting the wave files after it creates them? I can do
the encoding and building of the voice with other programs, but I first have
to create the strings for the voices. Looking for an automatic way to do
this, like the rockbox utility does. The problem is that the utility wipes
out the temp folder as soon as it is finished, doesn't give me time to
collect all the wav files that it creates...
Any info provided would be greatly appreciated!

THX, D!J!X!