Re: Fruitbasket in Perl and Win32::GUI, OO Style

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:35:29 +0300

Sorry but I think I didn't understand the question. I don't understand what you mean by "idiomatic".

And yes, I remember that the FruitBasket in Perl with Win32::GUI was put in the section of languages for the web, which is not correct, and I already told that.

FruitBasket versions in perl using Win32::GUI and WXPerl should be put in the section of languages for desktop programs, because in those programs perl is used as a desktop program, and FruitBasket made as a CGI program should be put in the section of languages for the web, because that program is one for the web, just like the one made in Javascript.

And one more thing, it is important to let the users know that perl can be used as a language for desktop programs and as a language for the web programs, while other languages cannot, or at least for the moment there are no FruitBasket demos made in those languages.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Veli-Pekka Tätilä" <vtatila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>