Re: Audio UML

  • From: "Andreas Stefik" <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:19:00 -0800

I just finished reading the TeDub paper and

Presenting UML Software Engineering Diagrams to Blind People (Alasdair
King, et. al). They use, I'm learning, TeDub to create a UML research
toy, which looks neat.

With the Urakawa Project, they say:

Full separation of data and presentation, which means the UML diagrams
are accessible (in particular for blind people) via the Java source
code. Additionally, sighted-users can enjoy nicely formatted and
visually appealing UML class diagrams.

I ask:

I'm not sure I totally understand. I get that you can just look at the
computer code, not the visual UML graph, because they are stored
separately, but how do they handle things like "Navigating the UML
graph to get to the code?" or "What types of sounds they use to let
you navigate?" Do you know, Sina?

Andreas