[procps] Re: backporting

  • From: Sami Kerola <kerolasa@xxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:52:40 +0100

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:23, Craig Small <csmall-procps@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've ported almost all of the patches into the master trunk.
> The watch unicode patch needs some work mainly protecting around some
> defines which may not be available.

I noticed updates yesterday, and I started to work on getting the nls
branch conflicts solved. My first impression is that there are more
than couple hours worth of merge conflict resolution. I hope the work
is done by end of the week.

To ease the work flow a little I'll rebranch top changes as Jim has
done the work and I've lost track what is correct.

> The two archlinux patches I didn't apply because they look a little odd.
> The better guessing process for w is already fixed in another patch and
> I need some more time to see what both are doing.
>
>> Eric Belanger (2):
>>       libproc-ng: make a copy of locale strings
>>       w: guess better which command user is running
>
> These two.

The w change is likely to be duplicate with.

git show 63b6a8fcbfb3115db0827b8402aef641e05e2ab9

Locale change is probably about making sure that sscanf uses dot as
decimal separator for float. Some countries (Finland for instance) use
comma, and who know what sort of symbol might be in use somewhere in
Polynesia.

--
   Sami Kerola
   http://www.iki.fi/kerolasa/